The Wilhelmshorst villa colony, located just outside Potsdam and Berlin, is one of the most popular residential areas in the Berlin area. With the regional train station and the nearby motorway connection, the town has excellent connections to the federal capital. The stately country house is located on a prominent hillside on an approx. 6,662 m² plot with old trees. The villa was built in 1922/23 according to a design by Albert Gessner for the owner Carl von Renesse. The architectural style is reminiscent of the mansions of the country nobility. Small-piece lattice windows with shutters shape the character of this listed building. The pointed arch windows in the side panels continue with pointed arch-shaped passages in the interior. The villa has a living space of approx. 555 m², which is distributed over two full floors and a developed attic. Together with the basement, which has been partially expanded for residential purposes, there is a total area of approx. 830 m². The ground floor offers two rooms, kitchen and utility rooms, a chapel and an approximately 73 m² room with access to the garden terrace. Upstairs there are eight well-designed rooms, two bathrooms and a toilet. The attic can be used as a closed unit with a large, open living area (> 50 m²), two spacious rooms, kitchen, bathroom and toilet. The floors are covered with parquet. The roof ridge glazing enables optimal incidence of light. The basement is partially usable as a full floor due to the hillside location of the house. In addition to numerous storage, utility and technical rooms, there are two additional separate apartments and a sauna, as well as a garage. The equipment of the house largely corresponds to the status of the last fundamental core renovation from 1995. The spacious, park-like property with a south-west facing garden borders on a forest to the north. A fish pond and a small coach house with a granny area adorn the picture of this distinctive building. On the street side, the property ends with an elongated, large limestone wall with a wooden fence. Different usage concepts are conceivable for the future use of the building.
Built in: 1923
Approximate Square Feet: